Closely integrated with EPiServer CMS 5 and 6, Forward Search delivers advanced search technology, covering full-text search, linguistics, behaviour tracking and reporting, extensive tuning and structuring.
Enabling corporations to handle large amounts of unstructured content and provide users with intuitive abilities to search and navigate through web content, documents and MetaData.
Since the introduction in 2006, Forward Search has been delivered to a large number of TOP 100 Company’s and Government institutions across the Nordic, Benelux and UK.
Forward Search is fully based on WebService (SOAP) and Microsoft .NET technology.
Forward Search is a product based solution, giving fast or possibly complex, yet flexible implementation for Enterprise needs. Flexible licensing and several versions gives a very attractive price structure.
Forward Search gives users or corporations the ability to search, view and manipulate web content, documents and respective MetaData:
Faceted Navigation and Search
- Search, sort, and filter based on any document attribute (e.g. author, category, type, modified date, source etc.)
- Use search engine for faster navigation in large content e.g. product catalogues.
- One entry point to access information from multiple sources of various types (Website, Intranet, File servers and Databases)
- Apply structure to content, by categorizing content based on sitemap, source etc. Show documents by category and including hits by category
- Fully Customizable Relevance Ranking. Change weight of content elements, based on any attribute or combination of attributes (e.g. category, title, source etc.)
Application or infrastructure security is retained, restricting information to specific users or groups
Take advantage of extensive reporting and analytics of user search behaviour
Utilize advantages of advanced features
- Fuzzy Search“
- Did you mean?” – Suggest alternative search word (misspelling etc.)
- Type Ahead – (Expands text as you type based on index word list lookup)
- Synonyms and concepts – Custom Thesaurus. Automated synonym handling based on “Did you mean?” feature
- Optional Multilingual Thesaurus – Synonym dictionaries covering 25 languages
- Optional Geo-Spatial Search – Suggest relevant result near location or sort on distance
Search giving combined and ranked results, based on unstructured product information (PDF datasheets and/or website content) and structured content (ERP content)
- Indexes HTML, XML, PDF, RTF, MS-Office (incl. Office 2010), OpenOffice 2.0/3.0 files
- Handles search in Meta Data (Dublin Core) linked to objects such as web pages, documents, graphic, video and audio files
Available for various third party applications including Files shares, SharePoint and custom applications.
From 50.000 up to unlimited pages/documents, depending on version.
Forward Search for EPiServer is closely integrated with EPiServer and features of more general interest for Editors and others are available directly from within EPiServer e.g. General configuration (Indexes, Sources etc.), Custom Thesaurus (Synonyms and Concepts) and Statistics (Index, Crawler and Search Behaviour).
Forward Search fully supports EPiServer’s Events Publishing (event based indexing) and Authority & Security model.
Forward Search comes with sample renderings for both search and result pages (EPiServer Web Controls), together with code examples for additional customization, to ensure fast and flexible integration.
Forward Search is a license-based solution (software) that can be installed in the customer's own environment or on a hosting setup, often co-existing on the EPiServer CMS installation, with no extra costs for server or hosting services.