New pages are automatically verified against W3C's validator and the web editorial staff can quickly capture the errors. Additionally, an editor gets instant confirmation that the page is correct once it is created.
Two features in one
SiteValidator is fully integrated with EPiServer CMS and offers an endorsement for the individual editor as well as serving as an important source of information for those responsible for the website. All new and modified pages are automatically checked every day and a report of possible errors is generated. Anyone reading the report in EPiServer can clearly see the errors that exist on each page.
The report tool in SiteValidator monitors the 15 most commonly made mistakes, for example:
- That forms created using the form building tool have been made correctly
- That tables are created correctly and that they are not used for layout purposes
- That there is a main heading on every page
- That certain types of formatting have not been done in the free text editor. This can happen if an editor uses copy and paste from Word or another program
- That all images have a valid alt-attribute
- Real time validator