This position will provide human capital support by performing tasks related to the organization’s integrated nationwide payroll processing and HR administration programs for the U.S. operations and international office Australia. The individual will need to have a go-getter attitude, be flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for Payroll
• Perform all activities necessary to prepare and submit payroll accurately and timely for U.S. (multi-state). This position will be involved in supporting all aspects of payroll processing and will process one or more of the following: new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, time sheet data, retroactive adjustments and special pays.
• Work with Payroll service provider on Year end processing and distribution of W-2’s for US employees and international payroll providers.
• Interact with managers and employees to resolve payroll questions and issues.
• Support HR staff with interpretation and application of payroll policies and practices as needed
• Ensure accurate use of HRIS system, including time and attendance functions. This may include assisting managers and employee users with system setup and approvals in automated web-based time-keeping system.
• Communicate with managers across sites to ensure accurate and timely processing each payroll cycle.
• Ability to research and interpret payroll laws, regulations, and practices
• Prepare and submit 401k employee deferrals and loan repayments, employee address changes, 401k loans and distribution requests to 401k provider.
• Other projects may be assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for Human Resources
• Maintains and creates personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Ensures confidential human resource files and records are maintained.
• Responsible for maintaining HRIS system changes including new hires, terminations, status changes, etc. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing all employee changes in timely fashion.
• Updates and organizes all electronic and paper records including personnel files, benefit information, and other related records or information. Ensures proper approval, and when necessary disseminate appropriate information.
• Partner with HR team to implement best practices with the Payroll/HR structure. Work with HR and off-site Managers to ensure the integrity of the time system is maintained and system is used to its capabilities.
• Responsible for balancing payroll runs and ensuring all compliance reports are prepared and fully reconciled.
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines. Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely every payroll cycle.
• Perform timely and accurate preparation of payroll for the company via the payroll system; ensuring employees are paid in compliance with state laws and company policies.
• Customer Service Focus - Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding internal customer. Answer employee questions in a timely, professional matter.
• Communication - Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
• Teamwork - Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience in processing multi-state payroll or 3-5 years’ experience without Bachelor’s degree
• PHR Certified preferred
• Flexibility to work on multiple projects at one time
• Ability to manage & prioritize workload
• Strong communicator, frontline with employees
Please send resumes to USCareers@episerver.com