Buying content technology can be a confusing process in which you have to juggle marketing, technology, and human concerns, in addition to navigating the marketing and sales gauntlet of technology vendors and service providers.
In this book, industry veteran Deane Barker will relay some of the lessons learned over 25 years of working in the industry, and participating in technology selection processes as a buyer, technology vendor, and service provider.
Learn from more than two decades of Deane's successes, failures, and occasionally cynical perspective.
In this book
- Who are the different players? How do they relate to each other?
- What can you expect from the intersection of your marketing and technology teams?
- How can you manage the process and realistically evaluate the claims of vendors?
- How can you effectively write process documents, such as requests for proposals and information?
- What are the biggest risks to your project?
About Deane Barker
Deane Barker is the Senior Director of Content Management Strategy at Episerver, a digital experience vendor. Prior to Episerver, Deane spent 14 years consulting and selling services as a founding partner of Blend Interactive.