In a post-pandemic world, digital is no longer a nice-to-have, but a mandate demanded by customers and competition. In many businesses, digital is now one of the sole communication methods for customers and sellers. To maintain business, companies are identifying their top commerce requirements and rushing to deploy or improve their digital commerce experiences.
Many companies in the requirements-building stage inquire about headless commerce. There seems to be a bit of confusion and complexity around the topic. We’ve rounded up some of the most popular questions about headless to hopefully make the complex, simple. Download the guide now to learn what headless is and why you should care. Plus, set the record straight about whether it’s critical to your digital journey and where it should fall on your list of commerce priorities.
This guide answers the following questions:
- What is headless commerce?
- How does headless commerce work?
- What's the difference between headless and traditional commerce platforms?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of using headless commerce?
- Should headless be at the top of your commerce requirements list?
- What is Episerver's honest recommendation about headless commerce?